January 30, 2006

Oh, come on Patrick!

THIS RADIO WORLD SOMETIMES BECOMES REALLY INTERESTING. SO, I HAD TO CLEAR MY THOUGHTS. AND PATRICK (as a radio consultant) WAS THE 'VICTIM'. BECAUSE HE KNOWS BETTER...AT LEAST HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

Dear Patrick.

We met about 2 years ago. Maribor. SRF.
You tried to sell me a very strange story, remember? Monogamy - what is that? This was a very strange conversation indeed. But this is why I remember you I guess.

Obviously you lied. It was a STORY. And as it seems you like inventing stories.
Like you do with your web site. Invent stories about your business philosophy and strategy.

Prejudice is not a nice thing. So I will not talk about other 'stations' you've helped on your way.(Obviously your creative, custom made ideas and programme strategy works for them - otherwise they wouldn't pay you, would they? Or would they?)
I will talk about the slovenian "POSTAJA".

You're trying to be a good and respected (radio) coach. Well, this is not a bad wish. Not at all. But I know it must be really hard for you to accept the fact that you will never be Dan O'Day, Doug Harris, Roy H. Williams, etc. You can't be - you know why? It's simple. Really simple. Because you don't care about radio. You don't feel it and you are not passionate about it.

You've proven this with "POSTAJA". I do not blame them (the team) - they don't know any better. But you do. And they trusted you blindly (but as I hear not at all willingly).

The radio 'skills' you've shown in the past years with "POSTAJA" are pityful.
On your web site you talk about creative Programme ideas? Personality radio? Feelings? Emotional attachement? Individualism?

Please!!!!

You want me to name all the tag lines/slogans you've used and changed in the past 2 years on "POSTAJA"?
You want me to show you web sites with all promotion ideas that you've "copy paste" used on "POSTAJA"?
You want me to struggle in vain to name ONE DJ with a great personality you've helped create?
You want me to tell you how many people left the station and want to leave (as I write this) ?
You want me to write down all the self-absorbed, shallow and macho jingles you have helped produce?

And you want me to talk about the dirtiest trick you've just pulled, which is the top of flops with "POSTAJA"? The last billboard campaign? "Radio nr. 1" billboard campaign?


With pride and joy I will spread the word what an amazing radio consultant you are. Just say a word. Your word is my command.

Now, what is the purpose of all this writing? Hmm...let me think.

There is no purpose. No purpose whatsoever. Just wanted to tell a STORY. Coz' I know you like stories.
And because I love radio.

Yours truly,

Lenja


2 Comments:

Blogger Michael M. said...

Poor Patrick. Remind me never to get on your bad side. :)

Did he write back?

11:49 AM  
Blogger Lenja said...

You on the 'bad side'? Don't think so.

But its strange you see...these feelings errupted like in a heartbeat.Saso and I had a late chat about radio the night before and in the morning I checked some web sites and Patrick's was among them...and boom!
I started writing and I couldn't stop.
And this came out.

I left it here to ripe I guess.
And then I'll decide what to do with it.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

si.blogs